Rob’s looks like chili black bean dip recipe
Rob’s (Looks Like Chili) Black Bean DipThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Is this stuff vegetarian chili or black bean dip? I dunno but here’s my story: On a recent rescue mission to salvage my black bean soup, I stumbled upon this recipe for a black bean dip that would make any lard lover have second thoughts. I eat this s#@t alone, as a dip, and as an ingredient. This recipe takes time, so plan ahead.
Ready in: 6 hours 10 mins
IngredientsMakes: 2 quarts
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoe with garlic and onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn with peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 strips bacon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1 package taco seasoning
- Dash or more Tabasco
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can peaches, drained
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 5 hours | Extra time: 1 hour, cooling
1. Dump the first 8 ingredients into a slow cooker. Set the slow cooker on high and cook for 5 hours.
2. After the elapsed time, add salt, pepper, and Tabasco to taste.
3. Add peaches and puree the bean mixture to the desired consistency. Additional sweetener may be added (to taste) at this time.
4. Allow dip to cool to room temperature before serving.Serving suggestion
You can serve this as a vegetarian chili, as a dip with your favorite chips, or as a condiment in you favorite tex-mex recipe.
Reference: Rob’s looks like chili black bean dip recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)