Roasted leg of lamb with herb sauce recipe
Roasted Leg of Lamb with Herb SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe for roasted leg of lamb with herb sauce is a delicious and flavorful dish that is perfect for special occasions or Sunday dinners. The tender and juicy leg of lamb is seasoned with aromatic herbs and spices, then roasted to perfection. The herb sauce adds a burst of freshness and complements the rich flavors of the lamb beautifully. Impress your guests with this mouthwatering dish that is sure to be a hit.
Keywords: roasted leg of lamb, herb sauce, recipe, special occasions, flavorful.
Roasted leg of lamb with herb sauce recipe details
Make this a holiday to remember, with perfectly cooked leg of lamb covered in a glistening, flavorful herb sauce. Great meat cooked simply makes an amazing meal.
Ready in: 4 hours 20 mins
- 1 (8 pound) leg of lamb (hip bone and aitchbone/rumpbone removed)
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound lamb stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 cup beef broth
Preparation methodPrep: 40 mins | Cook: 1 hour 40 mins | Extra time: 2 hours, resting
1. Cut 16 small slits in the lamb leg, evenly spacing. Fill each slit with a piece of garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, then let the lamb leg sit for 2 hours to come to room temperature and become infused with the garlic.
2. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
3. Combine stew meat and onion in a roasting pan. Set the lamb leg on top. Insert a meat thermometer into the lamb, avoiding the bone. Roast for about 40 minutes to brown, flipping the lamb leg once midway through cooking time.
4. Turn oven temperature down to 350 degrees F. Flip the lamb leg again and roast for another 45 to 50 minutes, until lamb reaches 125 degrees F.
5. Remove the lamb leg from the roasting pan, cover with foil, and let stand for about 15 minutes.
6. Add marjoram to the roasting pan, stir well, and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
7. Pour beef broth into the roasting pan with the vegetables and stew meat and set over high heat on the stove. When the liquid has almost all boiled away, stir in 1 cup of water. Heat through, using a spatula to scrape the residue on the bottom of the pan and mixing it into the water.
8. Strain the sauce through a wire mesh colander into a saucepan. Press the meat and vegetables hard against the colander to get as much juice out as possible. Throw away any solids that don’t pass through the colander.
9. Set the saucepan over medium heat. When the sauce is warm, carve the lamb leg. Serve with vegetables and lamb stew meat, spooning the sauce over each helping.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Roasted leg of lamb with herb sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 62 times, 1 visit(s) today