Rice dressing recipe
Rice DressingThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introLooking for a flavorful and hearty dish to accompany your meal? Look no further than this delectable Rice Dressing recipe. Packed with aromatic herbs, spices, and savory ingredients, this dish is sure to impress your taste buds. Whether you serve it as a side dish or a main course, this recipe will leave you satisfied and craving for more. So grab your apron and get ready to indulge in this mouthwatering delight!
Keywords: rice dressing, flavorful, hearty, aromatic herbs, savory ingredients
Rice dressing recipe details
Black Rice aka Dirty Rice. This is a turkey stuffing most often used in the South in place of traditional bread dressings. The blacker the rice; the better the stuffing. The s e c r e t of black rice is the chicken livers. The darker you cook them the blacker the rice. Also you can add more livers if you want.
Ready in: 2 hours 15 mins
- 2 pounds chicken livers
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, or several sprigs of fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 49 ounces chicken broth (You may need more)
- 2 pounds rice (long grain white), rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup halved pecans (optional)
- 2 dozen oysters, optional (2 to 3 jars if you have to buy them that way)
Preparation methodPrep: 45 mins | Cook: 1 hour | Extra time: 30 mins, resting
1. In a large heavy Dutch oven, brown the chicken livers in the olive oil. Chop while cooking.
2. When cooked dark, remove the livers, then add celery, onion and bell pepper to the pot. Cook over medium heat until onions are translucent.
3. Return livers to the pot. Add parsley, Italian seasoning, chicken broth and rice. Be sure rice is well covered with liquid.
4. Bring to a boil and continue stirring to keep the rice from sticking. If you need more liquid, add more broth or water. Cook for about 10 minutes on high, then reduce heat and continue to cook for ten minutes more. Keep a close watch on the rice so that it doesn’t get mushy.
5. Just before the rice is done, add the pecans. Remove the rice from the heat and stir in the oysters, juice and all.
6. Let stand at least 30 minutes before stuffing the bird. If possible make the dressing the night before, so that the seasonings get time to know one another.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Rice dressing recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.