Red wine beef stew for the slow cooker recipe
Red Wine Beef Stew for the Slow CookerThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe for Red Wine Beef Stew is perfect for those looking for a hearty and flavorful dish that requires minimal effort. With the help of a slow cooker, tender chunks of beef are cooked low and slow in a rich red wine sauce, resulting in a melt-in-your-mouth texture. The combination of red wine, aromatic herbs, and savory vegetables creates a robust and comforting stew that is sure to impress. Serve this delicious dish with crusty bread or over mashed potatoes for a satisfying meal.
Keywords: red wine, beef stew, slow cooker, flavorful, comforting.
Red wine beef stew for the slow cooker recipe details
Add a little sophistication to your slow cooker stew when you flavor it with red wine. You’ll have plenty left over to serve with the meal.
Ready in: 8 hours 20 mins
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 8 hours
1. In a shallow pie pan, season the flour with salt and pepper. Dredge stew meat in flour mixture. Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium heat and cook the beef in the hot oil until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes per batch. Remove beef from pan.
2. Saute onions and garlic in the skillet until translucent, about 8 minutes. Return the beef to the skillet and mix.
3. Layer the potatoes and carrots in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover with beef mixture, stock and wine. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours, adding peas when there’s just 30 minutes left of cooking time.Alternate Method
Cook stew on HIGH for 4 hours.Tip
To thicken the stew, combine 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of cold water in a small bowl. Slowly stir cornstarch mixture into stew with slow cooker set to HIGH, then repeat until desired thickness is reached.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Red wine beef stew for the slow cooker recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.