Quick oven fried chicken recipe
Quick Oven Fried ChickenThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introLooking for a delicious and hassle-free chicken recipe? Look no further than this quick oven fried chicken recipe. With a crispy outer coating and juicy, tender meat inside, this dish is sure to satisfy your cravings. The best part? It's made in the oven, meaning less mess and healthier than traditional fried chicken. Serve it up for a weeknight dinner or a weekend gathering with family and friends.
Keywords: quick, oven fried chicken, recipe, crispy, juicy.
Quick oven fried chicken recipe details
Crispy, golden brown, moist, and tasty describes this oven fried chicken. The short prep time makes it a winner too. When the chicken has been removed from pan and fat drained, deglaze pan with a little chicken broth and the drippings can be transferred to a pan to be used for tasty gravy.
Ready in: 1 hour 15 mins
- 1 stick of margarine, butter or 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teas. salt
- 1/2 teas. pepper
- 1/2 teas. ground cloves
- 1/4 teas. rubbed sage
- 1 frying chicken cut into pieces
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Place margarine in 9×13 inch baking pan and place into oven to melt and warm shortening, 3 or 4 minutes then remove.
3. Place dry ingredients into a 1-gal. storage bag and shake well.
4. Place 2 or 3 pieces of the chicken into the bag and shake well to coat. Place chicken skin side down in the pan. (Transfer chicken carefully to avoid loosing any of the flour.) Repeat until all chicken has been coated and has been added to the pan.
5. Place pan in center of oven and allow to bake for 1/2 hour. Using tongs and a spatula as necessary, turn all chicken pieces over. Return to oven for an additional 1/2-hour or until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Quick oven fried chicken recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.