Quick onion smothered pork chops recipe
Quick Onion-Smothered Pork ChopsThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Pork chops are simmered in a simple caramelized onion sauce, making a tasty and healthy main dish in under half an hour.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups beef stock
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 (1/2-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper to taste, and cook in the hot oil until browned on both sides. (It’s ok if they’re not cooked through) Remove the pork chops and set aside.
2. Stir the onions into the remaining oil, and reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir until the onions are tender and golden brown, about 7 minutes.
3. Dissolve the cornstarch in about 1/4 cup of the beef stock in a small bowl. Pour the remaining stock into the onions, and bring to a boil over high heat. Season with the black pepper, and stir in the cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir a minute until thickened.
4. Return the pork chops to the pan, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until the pork chops are cooked through. Serve with the sauce.
Reference: Quick onion smothered pork chops recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)