Punjabi chicken curry recipe
Punjabi Chicken Curry RecipeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis Punjabi chicken curry recipe is a flavorful and aromatic dish that originates from the Punjab region of India. It is a delicious blend of spices, tender chicken, and a rich tomato-based gravy. The recipe is relatively easy to make and can be enjoyed with rice or naan bread.
Keywords: Punjabi chicken curry, Indian cuisine, flavorful spices, tomato-based gravy, and easy recipe.
Punjabi chicken curry recipe detailsIngredients
1. Chicken (250gms)
2. oil (1tbsp)
3. chopped onion (1large)
4. turmeric powder (1pinch)
5. coriander powder (1tsp)
6. chili powder (1tsp)
7. ginger-garlic paste (1 to 2tsp)
8. curd (1/4c)
9. tomatoes, pureed (3small)
10. fresh coriander, chopped (4 to 5 sprigs)
11. salt (to taste)
Whole masala Ingredients
1. Cinnamon (1inch)
2. cloves (3)
3. cardamoms (2)
4. bay leaves (2)
Ground Masala Ingredients
1. Cumin or jeera seeds (1/2tsp)
2. peppercorn (1/2tsp)
3. cinnamon (1inch)
4. cloves (2)
5. cardamom (2)
Dry roast all these ingredients and then grind them to make fine powder.
Method of preparation
1. Take a chicken, clean it and then wash it. Take a saucepan, place it over heat, Heat oil in it and add onions and ginger garlic pastes in it. Fry them for few minutes and make the fine paste of this mixture.
2. Add the ingredients of whole masala in paste and cook them until the mixture gets golden brown. Then add salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder in it. Fry them for few seconds. Now add tomato puree in it and cook it until the oil gets separate. Add the chicken pieces in it and cook them for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
3. Now turn down the heat to low and cook the chicken for about 5 to 10 minutes. Then add ground masala and curd in the center of the pan. Gently mix the chicken pieces in it and cook them until the chicken gets cooked. When the chicken gets ready then decorate it with chopped coriander and serve it in serving bowl.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Punjabi chicken curry recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.