Kormos log cake yule log version recipe
Kormos: Log Cake (Yule Log Version) Recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
For Cake Ingredients
1. All purpose flour (2/3c)
2. grated peel of (1 lemon)
3. sugar (6 1/2tbsp)
4. eggs, separated (4)
5. sugar, margarine and parchment paper (for baking)
For Filling Ingredients
1. Dark or light rum (1tbsp)
2. unsifted confectioner sugar (1c and 1 ¼ c sifted)
3. margarine (1/2 pound)
4. unsweetened or semisweet chocolate (12 squares)
For Garnish Ingredients
1. Decorative candy or chocolate pieces
2. sifted confectioner sugar
Method of preparation
1. Take a jelly roll pan, line it with parchment paper and lightly grease it with margarine. Take a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks with 2tablespoons of sugar and lemon peel until the mixture gets light and foamy.
2. Take another bowl, beat egg whites with rest of the sugar until stiff peaks get form. Then add egg whites into the egg yolk mixture and then mix flour in it.
3. Heat the oven to 340 degrees F or 170 degrees C. Place the batter into the greased pan and spread it lightly. Now place the pan in oven and bake it for about 10 to 12 minutes at 340 degrees F.
4. Take a clean kitchen towel, dust sugar on it and turn over the cake on the sugar. Then remove the parchment paper carefully and then cover it with clean sheet of parchment. Roll up the cake into a cylinder while it is still warm by keeping parchment sheet on top and rolling in with towel. Then keep it aside to cool.
5. Take chocolate, break it into pieces and melt the pieces in microwave and then keep it aside. Take a bowl, beat confectioner sugar and margarine in it until the mixture becomes light. Add chocolate and rum in it and mix it well.
6. When the cake roll gets cool then open them and remove the parchment sheet. Then spread the 2/3 of the filling mixture on the cake and roll it. Place on serving plate. Spread the rest of the chocolate on the top and sides. Take a fork and drag the lines on cake to give the look of log to the cake. Sprinkle sifted sugar lightly on it and then serve it.
Reference: Kormos log cake yule log version recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.