Pulled pork hash recipe
Pulled Pork Hash
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A great way to use up leftovers, hash is a fast and simple meal. This recipe uses pulled pork from pork shoulders I cooked on my Weber Smokey Mountain last weekend. It’s great for a quick dinner or relaxed breakfast. The secret to crispy hash is using precooked potatoes.
Ready in: 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup small diced red onion
- 1 cup pulled pork
- 2 cooked potatoes, diced (I use leftover baked potatoes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and cook 2 minutes. Add the pulled pork and cook 2 minutes more. Add the potatoes, and toss until evenly combined. Continue cooking for 5 minutes until browned. season with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.Tip:
The hash will brown evenly if you don’t stir it too much. If it seems too dry feel free to add a tablespoon or two of water early in the process. I usually serve it with over easy eggs and some wheat toast. Goes great with biscuits too.
Reference: Pulled pork hash recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.