Carol ann’s sugar cookies recipe
Carol Ann’s Sugar CookiesThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing Carol Ann's Sugar Cookies Recipe, a delightful treat that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. These cookies are soft, buttery, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you can whip up a batch of these delectable cookies in no time. Whether you're baking for a special occasion or simply craving a homemade treat, Carol Ann's Sugar Cookies Recipe is the perfect choice.
Keywords: sugar cookies, recipe, homemade, buttery, delicious.
Carol ann's sugar cookies recipe details
This is my mom’s (and now mine!) sugar cookie recipe. I’m not sure where she got it, but it’s a great variation of your basic sugar cookie. Makes a light, crispy treat!
Ready in: 28 mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 8 mins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Cream together sugar and shortening. Mix until light and fluffy.
3. Beat eggs and milk into the sugar mixture.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
5. Add dry ingredients to the sugar mixture.
6. Shape into a mound, wrap in waxed paper, and chill for at least 4 hours.
7. Roll out chilled dough on a board lightly dusted with powdered sugar until 1/4″ thick.
8. Cut out cookie shapes and place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
9. Bake in oven for 8 minutes or until done.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Carol ann’s sugar cookies recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 30 times, 1 visit(s) today