Pickled okra achari bhindi
Pickled Okra (Achari Bhindi) recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
- Okra (bhindi) – ½ kg
- Tomatoes – 2 (finely cut)
- Onion – 3 (finely cut)
- Green Chilies – 4
- Bay leave (karri patta) – a few
- Tamarind Pulp (Imli ka gooda) – ½ cup
- Fenugreek Seeds (Maithi Daana) – a few
- Fennel Seeds (Sounf) – 1 tsp
- Onion Seeds (Kalongi) – 1tsp
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi) – 1tsp
- Coriander Seeds (Sabut Dhania) – 1tsp
- Crushes Red Chilies – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 cup
- Wash okra thoroughly and dry in sieve. Make a deep cut along their length
- Heat oil in a wok (karahi) and add fenugreek seeds
- When they five off aroma (smell) add onions
- When onions become transparent, add tomatoes
- When the gravy begins to dry, add okra, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, red chilies, turmeric and onion seeds, and fry
- Add tamarind pulp, bay leaves and green chilies
- After 5 mins add salt and remove from the flame
Reference: Pickled okra achari bhindi
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)