Southern sausage stuffing recipe
Southern Sausage Stuffing
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This sausage stuffing will make between 10 and 12 servings, depending on who you’re serving. If serving sausage lovers, add the proportionate amount of ingredients to compensate.
Ready in: 1 hour 55 mins
- 2 (16 ounce) packages regular sausage (Jimmy Dean(R), etc.)
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced carrots
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed
- 2-3 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 15 ounces of hard-cooked cornbread
Prep: 40 mins | Cook: 1 hour 15 mins
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Use a large saucepan to cook the sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked with no more pink color. Do not use cooking oil.
3. Add the onion, carrots, mushrooms, celery, and garlic, cook 10-15 minutes or until onion is translucent, stirring frequently.
4. Transfer this mixture to a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Pour into a buttered 4-quart oven safe casserole.
5. Cover and bake for 60 minutes.
Reference: Southern sausage stuffing recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.