Perfectly spiced beer can chicken recipe
Perfectly Spiced Beer Can ChickenThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the "Perfectly Spiced Beer Can Chicken Recipe," a mouthwatering dish that combines the juiciness of chicken with the bold flavors of spices and beer. This recipe is a surefire way to impress your guests at any backyard barbecue or casual dinner gathering. The chicken is seasoned with a harmonious blend of spices, creating a tantalizing aroma that will make your taste buds dance. By using the beer can method, the chicken cooks evenly and becomes incredibly tender, while absorbing the rich flavors of the brew. Get ready to savor every bite of this delicious and succulent beer can chicken!
Keywords: spiced, beer can chicken, recipe, flavors, tender
Perfectly spiced beer can chicken recipe details
The moistest chicken you’ll ever have, and how ’bout these spices? Onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, paprika and mustard–a perfect blend that your taste buds will rejoice over.
Ready in: 2 hours 50 mins
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 (3 1/2 pound) fryer chicken
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 1 hour 30 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, chilling
1. Stir salt together with sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, and ground mustard in a bowl. Rub under and on top of the chicken skin.
2. Wrap chicken in plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Preheat grill for indirect heat and set up a drip pan.
4. Drink (or otherwise remove) about 1/3 of the beer. Use a sharp implement to poke a few extra holes in the top of the can. Then, without spilling the beer, set the chicken on top of the beer can so that the empty body cavity is filled with the can.
5. Set the chicken on the grill, standing up, over the drip pan. Close lid. Cook for about 1 1/2 hours, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 180 degrees F.
6. Let the chicken rest off the grill for 10 minutes, then use pliers or heat-protective gloves to take the can out of the chicken. Carve and serve.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Perfectly spiced beer can chicken recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.