Pan seared sea bass with blackeyed pea and collard green ragout and crabmeat and cornbread crust recipe
Pan Seared Sea Bass with Blackeyed Pea and Collard Green Ragout and Crabmeat and Cornbread CrustThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe combines the delicate flavors of pan-seared sea bass with a hearty and flavorful black-eyed pea and collard green ragout. Topped with a delectable crabmeat and cornbread crust, this dish is a true celebration of Southern cuisine. The sea bass is perfectly cooked to achieve a crispy exterior and a tender, flaky interior. With its combination of fresh seafood, vibrant greens, and comforting cornbread, this recipe is sure to impress your guests and satisfy your taste buds.
Keywords: pan-seared sea bass, black-eyed pea, collard green ragout, crabmeat and cornbread crust, Southern cuisine.
Pan seared sea bass with blackeyed pea and collard green ragout and crabmeat and cornbread crust recipe details
A dish best described as a home-filled elegant Southern masterpiece of left overs that meet the freshness of the sea and combine to become a mouth water home favorite that will surprise all of your guests. Part of the Southern Gaming Casino Cook-off presented by Four Roses Bourbon.
Ready in: 45 mins
- 4 (6 ounce) portions fresh sea bass
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (6 ounce) can blackeyed peas
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen collard greens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 ounces Black Forest ham, diced small
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces Four Rose(R) bourbon
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. In a mixing bowl, mix leftover cornbread, crab meat, basil, and mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and set aside.
2. In a saute pan, add oil and heat. Combine onions, ham, peas, and greens and heat through. Add garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute so as not to burn the garlic.
3. Deglaze with bourbon and allow the alcohol to burn off. Add chicken stock and cream and allow to reduce by half.
4. Add cheese and allow mixture to slightly thicken. Add cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer on low heat until ragout becomes creamy and of sauce consistency.
5. In a nonstick skillet, add oil and allow to heat under medium heat. Season filets with salt and pepper on presentation side and place down in pan on presentation side. Allow to brown and crisp around edges.
6. Add a tablespoon of butter and allow fish to brown. Turn fish and remove from heat. Allow fish to finish cooking in pan.
7. Spoon four ounces of ragout onto the center of a plate.
8. Take a 2 ounce portion of crabmeat mixture and form a crust on sea bass. Place in oven for 5 minutes at 375 degrees F. Remove and center on top of ragout. Garnish with lemon crown.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Pan seared sea bass with blackeyed pea and collard green ragout and crabmeat and cornbread crust recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.