Goody’s bacon brown sugar smokies recipe
Goody’s Bacon Brown Sugar SmokiesThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing Goody's Bacon Brown Sugar Smokies recipe, a mouthwatering appetizer that combines the irresistible flavors of crispy bacon and sweet brown sugar. These bite-sized cocktail sausages are wrapped in bacon strips and baked to perfection, creating a delightful blend of savory and sweet. Perfect for parties or gatherings, these smokies are guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal preparation time, you can enjoy this delectable treat in no time.
Keywords: Goody's, bacon, brown sugar, smokies, appetizer.
Goody's bacon brown sugar smokies recipe details
This is MEAT CANDY!! Baking them in the oven allows the bacon to crisp, the liquids to be released from the Smokies, and the brown sugar to caramelize on them deliciously. It also allows to you control the fat content of them a bit more easily, as most of the bacon drippings will remain on the sheet pan after cooking. We usually make them during the holidays, but they’re good for all year ’round, of course. So easy to make!
Ready in: 1 hour 15 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) package bacon, cut into thirds
- 1 (16 ounce) package Lit’l Smokies(R) sausage
- 1 cup brown sugar
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 45 mins | Extra time: 10 mins, cooling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Open the packages of bacon and cut the whole slab into thirds across the bacon pieces. I usually cut them straight out of the refrigerator while they’re cold, then allow them to warm a bit before wrapping the Smokies – the bacon is more pliable when not very cold, and makes it easier to work with awkwardly-shaped pieces.
3. Wrap each Lit’l Smokie in a 1/3-cut piece of bacon.
4. Lay wrapped Smokies on the baking sheet. Make sure to put the end of bacon down. This will seal the bacon together so it won’t unwrap while being baked.
5. Sprinkle brown sugar over all the bacon wrapped smokies. I usually sprinkle more brown sugar over them about half way thru cooking.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
7. Using tongs, transfer the treats to a platter or plate, arrange attractively, put them out for your guests, and stand back before you get trampled in the crowd’s rush to get at them. :). It is best to allow them to cool for about 10 minutes. before serving.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Goody’s bacon brown sugar smokies recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.