Pacific salmon crusted with dungeness crab served with pickled vegetable salad recipe
Pacific Salmon Crusted with Dungeness Crab Served with Pickled Vegetable Salad recipeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing a delightful recipe of Pacific salmon crusted with Dungeness crab, accompanied by a refreshing pickled vegetable salad. This dish combines the succulent flavors of fresh salmon and tender crab meat, creating a harmonious seafood medley. The crispy crust adds a delightful texture to each bite, while the tangy pickled vegetables provide a burst of acidity and crunch. Perfect for seafood lovers looking for a unique and flavorful meal.
Keywords: Pacific salmon, Dungeness crab, pickled vegetable salad, crust, seafood medley.
Pacific salmon crusted with dungeness crab served with pickled vegetable salad recipe details
- Six 170-gram (6 ounces) pieces of salmon fillet
- 16 ml (1 Tablespoon) olive oil
- Six 55-gram (2 ounces) portions of fresh crabmeat
- 22 ml (1-1/2 Tablespoons) fresh horseradish
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) fresh basil, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 2 egg whites, whipped to foamy consistency
- 18 radishes
- 12 baby carrots, cooked
- 6 baby beets, cooked
- 30 green beans, blanched until 3/4 cooked
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) water
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) white wine vinegar
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) red wine vinegar
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) coarse salt
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) mustard seed
- 1 whole allspice or 5 ml (1 teaspoon) ground allspice
- 1 clove, whole garlic
- 5 black peppercorns
- 90 ml (6 Tablespoons) unsalted butter
Sear the salmon pieces in the olive oil in a very hot pan; remove and set on a large plate to cool. Mix the crab, horseradish, basil, a pinch of salt, and the whipped egg whites. Place 1/6 of this mixture on each salmon piece. Refrigerate.
Place all the vegetables in a non-metallic container. Bring the water, vinegar, and spices to a boil, then immediately strain the hot pickling liquid over the vegetables and place in the refrigerator to cool.
Warm the salmon pieces at room temperature for 20 minutes. Bake at 190 degrees C (375 degrees F) for 10 minutes. Remove the pickled vegetables from the refrigerator, rinse under warm water, then saute them in butter for 2 minutes. Serve the salmon on a bed of sauteed vegetables.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Pacific salmon crusted with dungeness crab served with pickled vegetable salad recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.