Fire house chicken noodle soup recipe
Fire House Chicken Noodle Soup
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Chicken Noodle Soup that’s easy to make, and that will keep them coming back for more. Fire house tested and approved.
Ready in: 1 hour 20 mins
- 2 (49 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 5 cups water
- 1 whole chicken cut up i always buy the pre-cut ones from the market
- 2 large carrots peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 medium white onion grated or minced
- 1/4 stick butter
- 3 stalks celery, taken from the the middle the bunch with leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt free all purpose seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounce egg noodles
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. In a large pot bring chicken broth and water to a boil.
2. Add chicken and return to a boil. Reduce heat and Simmer partly covered for 25 min or until chicken is done.
3. Remove chicken from pot and set aside to cool.
4. Strain off fat from chicken stock.
5. While chicken is cooling cut up vegetables, and add to stock.
6. Remove the skin and bones from chicken pieces.
7. Cut up chicken into bite size cubes, and add to pot.
8. Add to the broth, butter, pepper and salt free seasoning.
9. Return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
10. After simmering remove from heat and add noodles. Let stand until noodles are tender. Approx 10 to 12 minutes.
11. You may serve it at this point. But for a better soup let cool and refrigerate over night. Reheat and serve.
Tags: recipe, Fire house chicken noodle soup recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Fire house chicken noodle soup recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com