Ouma’s greek lamb recipe
Ouma’s Greek Lamb
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
A unique lamb roasted with garlic and rosemary. A must for any family event. Serve with mint sauce/jelly.
Ready in: 3 hours 5 mins
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (3 pound) boneless leg of lamb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 2 hours 30 mins | Extra time: 15 mins, resting
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mash together the garlic, rosemary, and butter in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
3. Use a sharp paring knife to make several incisions into the lamb leg. Stuff the holes with the garlic butter. Tie up the lamb leg with kitchen twine if you have it, then rub with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Place into a small baking dish.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, then reduce heat to 325 degrees F. Continue roasting until a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees F, about 1 1/2 hours more. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
Reference: Ouma’s greek lamb recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.