⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This makes OOdles and OOdles of coleslaw.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 3/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained, liquid reserved
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1/4 cup chopped ed onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can mandarin oranges slices drained, liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 -1 cup+ mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon each ginger and nutmeg
- 4+ tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Prep: 1 hour
1. Start the raisins plumping with the liquid from the pineapple. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the rest of the slaw ingredients with 2 tablespoons of reserved orange liquid; Refrigerate. Use the balance of the orange liquid at another time.
3. Mix together all of the dressing ingredients and the reserved liquid from the pineapple chunks. Refrigerate.
4. Mix the plumped raisins into the slaw. Just before you are ready to serve, mix the dressing into the slaw; this keeps the slaw crispy and not soggy.
Reference: Oodleslaw recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)