Olive chicken mozzarella
Olive Chicken Mozzarella recipe
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 whole chicken breasts – boned, skinned, and cut into bites
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- One 8-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- One 14-ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup sliced pimento-stuffed olives
- One 6-ounce package sliced mozzarella
Combine flour and salt in plastic bag and coat chicken. Brown chicken in olive oil. Arrange chicken in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Saute garlic and onion in drippings until onion is tender. Stir in mushrooms, spaghetti sauce, oregano, and olives. Pour tomato-olive sauce over chicken. Cut cheese slices into strips and place on top of chicken. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven until chicken is tender, about 30 minutes.
Serves6 to 8.
Tags: recipe, Olive chicken mozzarella, cooking, diy