Easy cajun shrimp and andouille sausage stew recipe
Easy Cajun Shrimp and Andouille Sausage Stew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Authentic Cajun stew. How do we know? Okra and andouille sausage. Wouldn’t be a cajun stew without those. It would be like a fishing trip without beer and sandwiches.
Ready in: 1 hour 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (12-ounce) package andouille sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1-inch thick
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen sliced okra
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage in hot oil for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove sausage and add the onion to the skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 7 minutes.
2. Add garlic, cooked sausage, tomatoes, okra, and broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then simmer on low for 35 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes until shrimp turns pink.
Reference: Easy cajun shrimp and andouille sausage stew recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 22 times, 1 visits today)