Old settler beans recipe
Old Settler Beans
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A great heart, 4-bean chili recipe, with loads of flavor and texture that’ll satify any hunger. This will be your favorite chili! Does not use pork n beans, actually has a better flavor with this 4-bean recipe. You can add additional measures of seasonings and sauces listed in the ingredients to preferred enhanced taste. The base ingredients will guaranteed a great flavored bean/chili.
Ready in: 4 hours 45 mins
- 1 sm/med onion, diced
- 1 pound ground chuck hamburger
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can butter beans
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can Texas-style Ranch beans
- 1 can pinto beans
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 4 hours 30 mins
1. Add onion to the hamburger in pan and fully cook together. Drain grease and set aside.
2. Cut up the bacon with cooking shears and cook in pan till done, drain.
3. Add all ingredients to crock pot.
4. Set on high heat, until boiling, then set to low heat overnight. (at least heat through for 4 hours)
5. Stir occasionally, to ensure ingredient disbursement.
Reference: Old settler beans recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.