Old fashioned fruit cocktail style recipe
Old Fashioned, Fruit-Cocktail Style
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Usually I like my Old Fashioneds plain, without the fruit, except for a wide slice of twisted lemon peel. But sometimes, like when I’m running low on Vitamin C, the whiskey-soaked bits of muddled orange are a welcome diversion.
Ready in: 5 mins
- ¾ teaspoon sugar, or 1 cube sugar
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Splash of water
- Slice of orange
- Rye whiskey, or bourbon if you prefer
- Splash of club soda
- Lemon twist for garnish
- Orange slice for garnish
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
Prep: 5 mins
1. Put the sugar in a cocktail glass and shake over several dashes of bitters. Add a splash of water. Add the orange slice and muddle. Add ice. Pour in whiskey and a splash or two of club soda. Garnish with a twist of lemon peel, a slice of orange, and/or a maraschino cherry.
Reference: Old fashioned fruit cocktail style recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)