Oh ya real good chili recipe
Oh Ya, Real Good Chili
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Everyone thinks of Texas when they think of Chili, but we eat lots of it up here in Minnesota where it’s cold 9 months out of the year. I like this version because you don’t have to do much measuring and it sticks to your ribs real good.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1 pound Ground Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 Yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cans Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 can Garbanzo Beans (same as Chick Peas)
- 1 can Sweet Corn
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 Tablespooon Chopped Garlic (I use the kind in a jar)
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes
- 1 pound Chuck Steak, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 can Great Northern or Navy beans
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Heat up a little oil in a big pot on the stove and brown the meat along with the onions and garlic.
2. When the meat is no longer too pink, drain off some-but not quite all-of the grease.
3. Open up the cans and dump ’em all in there, liquid and all.
4. Add the cayenne, chili powder, and cumin, and stir.
5. Simmer on low for 90 minutes.Shortcut
Just put all the ingredients into a crock pot and leave it on low for 6 hours or more.
Reference: Oh ya real good chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.