My mother in law’s vegetable salad recipe
My Mother-in-Law’s Vegetable Salad
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Sweet apples and vegetables combined to create a traditional Polish vegetable salad. For convenience, frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, lima beans, corn, & green beans) are used. This is my mother-in-law’s recipe, made in our house at least once a week and kept in our refrigerator at all times. A great accompaniment to meat dishes, this salad is a sure winner at any barbeque. The salad is served cold and gets better the longer it sits and marinates.
Ready in: 1 hour 45 mins
- 1 bag (16 ounce) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 bag (16 ounce) frozen petite peas
- 5-7 finely chopped medium kosher dill pickles
- 8 hard boiled and chopped eggs
- 4 peeled and finely chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 bunch green onions
- 1/2 to 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep: 1 hour 30 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Cook mixed vegetables and peas to al dente and allow to completly cool. While vegetables are cooling, hard-boil eggs and chop, peel and finely chop apples, finely chop pickles and green onions. Combine vegetables, eggs, apples, green onions and pickles in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup of Dijon mustard and 1/2 cup of mayonnaise. You don’t want the salad to be watery so use only enough of remaining mayonnaise to bring the vegetable salad to firm, but not sticky, consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour. Eat, enjoy and give your mother-in-law a kiss.
Tags: recipe, My mother in law’s vegetable salad recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare My mother in law’s vegetable salad recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com