Mighty muffins recipe
Mighty Muffins recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
- 1-1/2 cups whole bran cereal
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 slightly beaten egg whites
- 1/3 cup molasses (I add pineapple, drained, and applesauce)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup raisins (can also use dried cranberries, nuts, chopped apricots, etc.)
These are indeed mighty!
Mix cereal, milk, and egg whites together and soak for 3 minutes. Stir molasses and oil into bran mixture. Stir flours, wheat germ, baking soda, and baking powder together and make a well in the center. Add bran mixture and stir to moisten. Fold in raisins. Bake at 400 degrees in greased muffin tins for 20 to 25 minutes.
Reference: Mighty muffins recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.