Marinated broccoli salad
Marinated Broccoli Salad
Recipes from Joanne Hilton, owner: I don’t know if I’m as good a cook as Julia, but I come from a long line of good cooks. Here are some of my recipes!
- florets from 4 bunches broccoli
- large red onion, thinly sliced
- small box (not individual) of raisins (1 cup)
- small pack of toasted or roasted sunflower seeds
- 16 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups mayonnaise or 1 cup mayonnaise plus 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 heaping Tablespoons sugar
- juice of 2 lemons
Cut fresh broccoli florets until small bite-sized pieces. Toss with onion slices, raisins, sunflower seeds and bacon crumbles. Combine mayo with sugar and lemon juice. Pour over broccoli mixture. Cover in refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Delicious!!
Tags: recipe, Marinated broccoli salad, cooking, diy