Manly bacon nachos recipe
Manly Bacon NachosThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Here’s a big platter of meaty nachos for feeding a big group of guys. Ground beef and crispy bacon form layers along with refried beans, Cheddar cheese and nacho chips. Slap some sour cream, guac, and salsa on top to finish it all off!
Ready in: 40 mins
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup your favorite salsa
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 (3.8 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Drain the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate, and crumble once cooled.
3. Heat the remaining bacon grease over high heat, and stir in the ground beef and onion. Season with the taco seasoning. Cook and stir until the beef is nicely browned and crumbly. Pour off any excess grease.
4. Meanwhile, heat the refried beans in a saucepan on the stove or in the microwave until hot.
5. Spread some of the tortilla chips onto a baking sheet, and dollop with ground beef and beans, then sprinkle with Cheddar and bacon bits. Create layers, ending up with Cheddar and bacon.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese has melted, 5 to 7 minutes. Toss spoonfuls of sour cream, salsa, and guacamole all over the nachos (or serve them separately on the side). Scatter pickled jalapeno slices and black olives over top to serve.
Reference: Manly bacon nachos recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 38 times, 1 visits today)