Hearty hummus and greek veggie pitas recipe
Hearty Hummus and Greek Veggie PitasThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe for hearty hummus and Greek veggie pitas is a delicious and satisfying meal option. Packed with flavorful ingredients like chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, and feta cheese, these pitas are bursting with Mediterranean flavors. The creamy hummus adds a rich and velvety texture, while the fresh vegetables provide a refreshing crunch. Perfect for a quick lunch or dinner, these pitas are easy to make and will leave you feeling nourished and satisfied.
Keywords: hummus, Greek, veggie, pitas, Mediterranean
Hearty hummus and greek veggie pitas recipe details
An easy vegetarian lunch that doesn’t require a stove–just some chopping and a quick pulsing in your food processor.
Ready in: 10 mins
- 3/4 cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sliced green olives
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8-inch) pita bread, sliced in half
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped quartered jarred artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins
1. Combine garbanzo beans, lemon juice, green olives, olive oil, and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Spread inside the pita bread halves.
2. Stuff pita breads with spinach, cucumber, feta, artichoke hearts, black olives, and oregano. Serve.No food processor? No problem.
Just mash the heck out of those first five ingredients with a potato masher or large fork. You’ll need to use some elbow grease.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Hearty hummus and greek veggie pitas recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.