Make ahead country chicken casserole recipe
Make Ahead Country Chicken CasseroleThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis make-ahead country chicken casserole recipe is a hearty and comforting dish that is perfect for busy weeknights or potluck gatherings. Packed with tender chicken, vegetables, and a creamy sauce, this casserole is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. The best part is that you can prepare it in advance and simply bake it when you're ready to enjoy. With its rustic flavors and easy preparation, this recipe is a must-try for any chicken lover.
Keywords: make-ahead, country chicken casserole, recipe, comfort food, easy preparation.
Make ahead country chicken casserole recipe details
Pile your plate high with a steaming serving of this hearty casserole. After that first bite, you won’t mind giving up time to prepare this the night before (unless you missed a no-hitter or something).
Ready in: 1 hour 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken (see footnote)
- 1 pound frozen corn, thawed
- 1 pound frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken stuffing mix, prepared according to package instructions
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 50 mins
1. Coat a 13×9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet and set over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook for about 6 minutes to soften, then stir in garlic and cook for 30 to 60 more seconds (until fragrant).
3. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients, except for chicken stuffing mix, and stir well. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
4. Spread prepared stuffing over the casserole. Cover with foil and chill in refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Meanwhile, let casserole warm up a little bit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
6. With foil still on the casserole, place in oven. Bake for 35 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes to finish browning the stuffing.
7. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Make ahead country chicken casserole recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.