Lilliput meatballs recipe
Lilliput MeatballsThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A delicious appetizer that is a favorite at holiday parties. This recipe is based on a recipe that my mother has made for over 50 years.
Ready in: 55 mins
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup cooking sherry
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Salt/Pepper to taste
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Using hands, mix ground beef, onion, breadcrumbs, and milk together in large bowl.
2. Roll into small meatballs.
3. Place olive oil in pan and heat to medium.
4. Place meatballs in pan for approximately 10 minutes and brown.
5. Stir frequently to brown all sides of meatballs.
6. Pour off grease.
7. In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup ketchup and 1/2 cup cooking sherry.
8. Pour over meatballs.
9. Add salt and pepper to taste.
10. Cover pan and simmer for 30 or more minutes until sauce thickens.
Reference: Lilliput meatballs recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)