Germaine’s tasty meatballs recipe
Germaine’s Tasty MeatballsThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing Germaine's Tasty Meatballs Recipe, a mouthwatering dish that will leave your taste buds craving for more. These homemade meatballs are a delightful blend of ground meat, aromatic herbs, and flavorful spices. Whether you're preparing them for a family dinner or a potluck gathering, these meatballs are sure to be a hit. With their juicy texture and rich flavors, they are perfect to serve with pasta, as an appetizer, or even in sandwiches. Get ready to indulge in this classic comfort food that will bring warmth and satisfaction to every bite.
Keywords: Germaine's, tasty, meatballs recipe, homemade, flavorful
Germaine's tasty meatballs recipe details
Down home country style cooking with taste. Real comfort food. Can be made ahead of time, frozen and reheated in the oven. Wonderful to serve with mashed potatoes and fresh green vegetable.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 1 1/2 pound pork and beef hamburger mixed together
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup potato water
- 2-3 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon or more Knorr(R) beef bouillon concentrate
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Mix the hamburger, onions and spices all together. Roll the mixture into 3/4″- 1″ meatballs. Fry over medium heat until the meatballs are nicely browned. Set browned meatballs in a side dish and continue frying until all meatballs have been fried. Return all meatballs to a large frying pan. Add enough water to just about cover all the meatballs. Cover and let simmer over low heat for about 30-40 minutes.
2. Mix all the gravy ingredients in a jar, and shake until well blended together. If too thick, add a little more water to the mixture. Add the gravy mixture to the meatballs and quickly bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Serve when gravy is thickened.Cook’s note:
This dish can also be cooked in the oven. Once meatballs are fried, add enough water to barely cover the meatballs and cook for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Once cooked, remove from oven and thicken the sauce. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer and serve. NOTE: Cloves give a strong taste, so if this is a first for you using this spice….I suggest you cut it down if you’re unsure of the taste.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Germaine’s tasty meatballs recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.