Lemon bacon tabouli recipe
Lemon Bacon Tabouli
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
A Mediterranean salad gets a flavor boost from bacon, man’s second-best friend.
Ready in: 1 hour 45 mins
- 8 ounces bulgur
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped marjoram
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 2 ounces kalamata olives, chopped
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. In a mixing bowl, cover bulgur with water. Soak for 30 minutes, then drain well.
2. Make the dressing by combining lemon juice, salt, pepper, sugar, and marjoram in a bowl. Whisk while you slowly pour in the olive oil.
3. Add tomatoes, onion, garlic, mint, and parsley. Toss with bulgur, and cover. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels, then chop. Combine with chopped olives and lemon zest.
5. Serve tabouli on a platter with bacon and olive mixture surrounding it. If desired, serve with pita bread for dipping.
Reference: Lemon bacon tabouli recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.