Lazy man baby back ribs recipe
Lazy Man Baby Back Ribs
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
I am one lazy cook and don’t want to put up with a lot of work in getting a rack o’ ribs to cook to a perfect fall-off-the-bone state. I also do NOT have the smoker and I hate heating up the house with an oven bake. In making perfect ribs, the two things we can’t get rid of are time and low temp. The perfect solution is the 6 quart slow cooker. Here’s how to get ribs perfect EVERY time and not make a hassle over it.
Ready in: 7 hours 30 mins
- 1 Cup Dry Rub (we use a Southern Sweet rub)
- 3 Racks Pork Baby Back Ribs
- 2 Cup BBQ Sauce (lots of options here – pic your fav)
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 5 hours | Extra time: 2 hours, curing
1. Remove the membrane from the bottom of the rack of ribs – Defrost the ribs or if the ribs are already defrosted, lay the ribs with the ends up (to see the bottom), you’ll see a white-ish membrane that will run from one end to the other. Using a paring knife, work up one corner and get it so you can grab it and just pull it off. Rinse the ribs under clear water and pat dry. Cut the ribs in half (this is so they fit in the crockpot and are easy to handle on the grill later)
2. Season with dry rub – sprinkle the ribs liberally with the rub of your choice. Massage the rub into the ribs, making sure the spice covers the entire rack. Let the spices cure the meat for 2 to 4 hours.
3. Place the ribs in the slow cooker. Place the curve to the side of the slow cooker so the ribs stand on edge.
4. Set the slow cooker to High and set a timer to 1 1/2 hours. After that set the slow cooker to Low and let cook an additional 3 hours.
5. Remove from slow cooker and let rest. Remove the ribs to a pan and brush on the first application of BBQ sauce. Let rest for 5 minutes.
6. Warm the grill by setting it to high for a few minutes. Oil the grill by using a paper towel dipped in olive oil to coat the grill. Turn down to a medium heat once you put the racks on, curved side down.
7. Put the racks of ribs on the grill, curved side down and reduce the heat to medium. Apply sauce liberally to the bottom. Let sit just a few minutes and then turn over, apply sauce again. Repeat 2 to 4 times until you have the sauce cooked on just the way you like it.
8. Remove from the grill and serve. They will not last long!
Reference: Lazy man baby back ribs recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.