Kielbasa and kale soup with beans recipe
Kielbasa and Kale Soup with BeansThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This easy winter soup has plenty of flavor and a hearty helping of healthful kale.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 ounces kielbasa, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces kale, stemmed and leaves sliced
- 3/4 pound red potatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco(R) sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups canned red kidney beans
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 50 mins
1. Pour oil into a soup pot and place over medium heat. Cook kielbasa slices in hot oil until crisp, then transfer to a bowl.
2. Cook onion and celery in the skillet for about 5 minutes, then stir in garlic and cook for 30 more seconds. Pour in the broth, water, kale, and crispy kielbasa. When the liquid comes to a boil, simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes to wilt kale.
3. Add remaining ingredients except beans and simmer, covered, on medium-low heat for 20 minutes. Stir in beans, heat through, and serve.
Reference: Kielbasa and kale soup with beans recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)