Kale and sausage pasta soup recipe
Kale and Sausage Pasta Soup
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Fill up on this easy sausage soup–a hearty way to cook kale and other winter greens.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken stock
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 to 6 cups sliced kale
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup mini penne pasta
- Parmesan cheese
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Bring chicken stock and mushrooms to boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes to rehydrate mushrooms.
2. While mushrooms are rehydrating, pour olive oil in a soup pot and place over medium-high heat. Cook sausage, onion, and garlic in hot oil for 5 minutes, until sausage is no longer pink.
3. Stir kale, salt, pepper, and nutmeg into the sausage mixture. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring. Fish out the mushrooms from broth, chop into bite-size pieces, and add to sausage-kale mixture, along with broth and 2 cups water.
4. When soup comes to a boil again, stir in pasta. Cook for 7 minutes, until pasta is tender. Serve with Parmesan on top of each bowl.
Reference: Kale and sausage pasta soup recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.