Jon’s beer chili recipe
Jon’s Beer ChiliThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Everyone that has tried this chili has loved it, the house smells great when you make it, and it tastes even better. This recipe makes 16 servings, which can be 2 batches at most homes. We make more, and freeze it: lasts longer, tastes better.
Ready in: 2 days 2 hours
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 chopped onions
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans diced chili tomatoes
- 3 (8 ounce) cans Hunt’s(R) chili-flavored tomato sauce
- 2 bottles dark thick beer, I use Guiness(R) or Red Stripe(R)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans or mild chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can hot chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can medium chili beans
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco(R)), or to taste
- 1/3 cup hot chili powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
Preparation methodPrep: 2 days | Cook: 2 hours
1. Crumble the ground chuck into a skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until evenly browned. Drain grease. Transfer the beef to a large soup pot. Do the same for the Italian sausage. Add tomato paste, onions, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beer and chili beans. Season with Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, chili powder, and red pepper flakes, if using.
2. Cover the pot, and simmer over low heat for 2 hours. Turn off heat, and let cool, then refrigerate for two days. It gets much better with time. Heat and serve.
Reference: Jon’s beer chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)