Jambalaya stuffed zucchini recipe
Jambalaya-Stuffed ZucchiniThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis Jambalaya stuffed zucchini recipe is a delicious twist on a classic Cajun dish. The combination of flavorful jambalaya ingredients, such as shrimp, sausage, and spices, stuffed inside tender zucchini boats, creates a mouthwatering and satisfying meal. It's a perfect option for those looking to add some variety to their weeknight dinners or impress guests at a dinner party.
Keywords: jambalaya, stuffed zucchini, Cajun dish, shrimp, sausage
Jambalaya stuffed zucchini recipe details
I have made these on our fall camping trips. I use a cast iron skillet and a cast iron dutch oven.
Ready in: 1 hour 15 mins
- 2 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
- Dash of salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup chopped andouille sausage
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup cooked shrimp
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Preheat charcoal grill or camp fire with dutch oven in the coals. Remove seeds from zucchini halves and discard, creating long canoes. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
2. In a large skillet over med heat, heat olive oil. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Saute till soft, about 4 to 5 min. Add diced pepper and celery. Cook till soft.
3. Add tomato paste, Cajun seasoning, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce, then cook until mixture starts to darken, about 3 to 5 min.
4. Stir in sausage, shrimp, chicken, and rice. Add lemon juice till mixed. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Scoop mixture into each zucchini half. Lay a trivet in bottom of dutch oven. Add zucchini halves to bottom of dutch oven. Cover and bake with 10 coals under oven and 12-15 on lid, bake for 20 min, or until tender and cooked through.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Jambalaya stuffed zucchini recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 51 times, 1 visit(s) today