Jalapeno salsa recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
I wanted a verde style salsa, but living in Germany, I was not able to find tomatillos. This green salsa is great on eggs, used as a marinade, or just eaten with tortilla chips. Its heat is somewhere in the middle between mild and hot. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Ready in: 25 mins
- 10 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 medium white onion (or 1/4 cup chopped green onion)
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, skinned
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh cilantro/coriander
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Cover and boil the jalapeno peppers until they lose their shine, approximately 10-12 minutes.
2. Quarter the onion and chop the garlic; place in a blender. Add cilantro to the blender.
3. Squeeze the lime juice into the blender. Add salt and pepper to blender.
4. Add tomatoes to boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Strain peppers and tomatoes and discard the water. Peel skin from tomatoes and add to blender.
5. Add boiled jalapenos to blender. Chop briefly in blender (use slow setting). Enjoy!
Reference: Jalapeno salsa recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.