Jake’s victorious deer hunting jerky recipe
Jake’s Victorious Deer Hunting Jerky
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
This jerky recipe is amazing! Whenever I made jerky, I would always use the jerky kits that were available at Gander Mountain or Cabela’s. Once this recipe fell into my hands, my taste buds were blown away. I’ll never go back to buying jerky kits again. It also delivers an amazing aroma throughout the house.
Ready in: 20 hours 20 mins
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hickory liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 pounds venison, trimmed
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 8 hours | Extra time: 12 hours, marinating
1. Mix all of the marinade ingredients in a zip top plastic bag. Slice the venison into 1/4-inch strips with the grain, and place into the marinade. Squeeze out the air and seal.
2. Place the venison in the fridge and let it marinade for at least 12 hours or over night.
3. After marinating, place jerky in dehydrator at 160 degrees F for 8 to 10 hours until dry.
The amount of marinade that should be made depends on how much venison you have. Double the recipe for larger amounts of venison.
If the venison is cut thicker than 1/4 inch, it may require a longer time in the dehydrator.
Reference: Jake’s victorious deer hunting jerky recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.