Jack n coke burgers recipe
Jack ‘n Coke Burgers
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Here in the South, we’ve got lots to offer. For example, one of our traditional drinks just happens to be a Jack and Coke. Try out this thick, juicy and satisfying burger flavored with whiskey and cola. It’ll leave ya talkin’ with a drawl and sayin’ y’all.
Ready in: 20 mins
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniel’s(R) Tennessee whiskey
- 2 tablespoons Coca-Cola(R)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices applewood smoked Cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, fried and cut in half
- 8 hamburger buns, y’all’s choice of brand/variety
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Put the beef, Jack Daniel’s, Coke, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a bowl and mix together lightly until combined (use your hands and take care to not overwork the meat). Shape meat mixture into 8 evenly sized 1-inch thick patties. Make an indentation in the center of each patty with your thumb.
2. Preheat a gas grill for high heat. When grill is hot, lightly oil the grate with canola oil.
3. Place patties indention side-up on grate and cook 5 minutes, then flip and cook another 5 minutes (or until patties are done to your liking).
4. Add 1 slice applewood smoked Cheddar cheese to each patty for the last minute of cooking. When done, top each patty with 2 halves of the bacon slices.
5. Now, get those patties off the grill and onto some buns! Provide condiments like ketchup, mustard, mayo, onions, lettuce, tomato, etc., so that people may dress their burgers as they please.
6. Serve with a whole bunch of Southern hospitality and enjoy them with y’all’s family and good friends.Other ideas
To add some extra Southern fun, fry up some green tomatoes and place a slice between the patty and the bun!
Reference: Jack n coke burgers recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.