Italian sausage stars recipe
Italian Sausage Stars
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This is a quick and easy appetizer that I received from a friend and tweaked to make it my own… I use a combination of hot and sweet bulk Italian sausage, which is easy to find in Upstate New York, where I live. If you cannot find bulk Italian sausage, buy links, remove the casings and squeeze out the sausage to cook. Don’t be thrown off by the strange ingredient combination, these taste wonderful and your guests will be shocked when you share the recipe!
Ready in: 1 hour 10 mins
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 24 wonton wrappers
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 30 mins | Extra time: 20 mins, cooling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a skillet, brown the sausage with olive oil over medium heat until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature and crumble.
3. Combine the crumbled sausage, ranch dressing, onion, pepper, olive and cheeses.
4. Take two wonton wrappers and lay one square over the the other square to create a diamond, or star shape. Place the wonton wrappers into muffin tin. Spoon sausage mixture into wonton wrapper cups.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. The edges of the wonton should be brown and you should be able to lift the tart out of the muffin tin without it losing its shape.
6. Allow to cool to room temperature. These can be quickly reheated in the microwave or served at room temperature.
Reference: Italian sausage stars recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.