Italian meatball sub casserole recipe
Italian Meatball Sub CasseroleThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis Italian meatball sub casserole recipe is a delicious twist on the classic sandwich. It combines tender homemade meatballs, savory marinara sauce, and gooey melted cheese, all baked to perfection in a casserole dish. This comforting dish is perfect for a family dinner or casual gathering with friends. With its flavorful ingredients and easy preparation, this recipe is sure to become a new favorite.
Keywords: Italian, meatball sub, casserole, recipe, comfort food.
Italian meatball sub casserole recipe details
This easy dinner casserole has all the flavor of a classic meatball sub, mixed up in a casserole dish and served in one heaping pile. Low-maintenance and delicious.
Ready in: 1 hour 10 mins
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preparation methodPrep: 40 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover a rimmed baking pan with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir ground beef into onions, bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese. Form into walnut-sized meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake meatballs for about 20 minutes, until beef is thoroughly browned. Turn oven temperature down to 350 degrees. Transfer meatballs to a large bowl and mix with spaghetti sauce, water, and garlic.
4. Make a layer of bread slices in the bottom of a 13×9-inch baking dish.
5. In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese with mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, and pepper, then use a spatula to distribute the mixture evenly over the bread.
6. Sprinkle the casserole with 1/2 cup cheese, then pour the meatballs and sauce into the baking dish. Top with the rest of the cheese.
7. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Italian meatball sub casserole recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 39 times, 1 visit(s) today