Irish corned beef and cabbage on the grill recipe
Irish Corned Beef and Cabbage on the Grill
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Bring this traditional St. Patrick’s Day recipe outside–cook it in Dutch oven on your grill.
Ready in: 2 hours 35 mins
- 3 pounds beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons corned beef spice rub
- 10 small red potatoes
- 5 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 large head cabbage, cut into small wedges
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 2 hours 25 mins
1. Preheat grill to Medium-Low, or about 300 degrees F.
2. Rub brisket with spices. Place in Dutch oven and pour enough water into the Dutch oven to come up about 1/2 an inch from the bottom around the roast. Cover, place on grill, close lid, and grill for 90 minutes.
3. Add potatoes and carrots to the Dutch oven and cook again in the closed grill for 45 minutes. Then add cabbage, close lid, and grill for 15 minutes.
4. Let meat rest for 15 minutes, then serve with vegetables and pan juices.Tip
You can also skip the spice rub and use an already-cured corned beef brisket.
Reference: Irish corned beef and cabbage on the grill recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.