Indian chicken pizza from scratch recipe
Indian Chicken Pizza from Scratch
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
The flavor of the Indian restaurant on classic Italian pizza.
Ready in: 1 hour 30 mins
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons tandoori paste
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted cashews
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 20 mins | Extra time: 45 mins, rising
1. Cover chicken with water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
2. Toss chicken with tandoori paste and yogurt in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate. Meanwhile, make the crust.
3. Dissolve yeast and sugar in water in a large glass bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes, then stir in flour, salt, and olive oil.
4. Sprinkle flour onto a clean work surface and turn the dough onto the flour. Fold over onto itself and smoosh flat, repeating for 5 minutes to knead.
5. Cover with a towel and let rise for 45 minutes, or until the dough has expanded to twice its original size. Then turn back out onto the floured surface (adding more flour as necessary to keep dough from sticking), and knead for 2 more minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and coat two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
7. Form the dough into two round balls. Then roll each section out into a large circle, about 12 inches in diameter. Place on baking sheets.
8. Coat each dough round with marinara, then arrange chicken, green onions, cilantro, and cashews on top. Bake pizzas for 5 minutes.
9. Turn heat down to 400 degrees F and bake pizzas for 15 more minutes, until crust is golden. Cut into wedges and serve.
Tags: recipe, Indian chicken pizza from scratch recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Indian chicken pizza from scratch recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com