Incredible spaghetti pie recipe
Incredible Spaghetti PieThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
An incredible variation passed on by a friend. This one is addictive as I can eat 1 myself. The pasta forms a delicious crust and the cheese bubbles up into the meat and the mozzarella forms a topping. Slice like a pie and serve. ***optional: when you cook the ground beef you can add onions, mushrooms, or sausage.
Ready in: 1 hour 55 mins
- 1 pound #8 spaghetti
- 1 stick butter/margarine (melted)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Italian cheese
- 10 tablespoons cottage cheese (or Ricotta)
- 16 thick slices Velveeta(R) (pre sliced or brick)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (or can)
- 2 large packages shredded mozzarella
Preparation methodPrep: 1 hour 15 mins | Cook: 40 mins
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cook and drain #8 spaghetti.
3. Take 2 12-inch round bowls or 2 round casserole dishes or combo of either.
4. In a huge bowl mix spaghetti/butter/4 eggs/grated cheese and mix (it is sloppy).
5. Divide in half by sight and pour 1/2 in each bowl. Patting down firmly with a large spoon, form into a birds nest (top of mixture should come 3/4 inch up to top of bowl)
6. With a tablespoon, arrange 6 dabs of cottage cheese or ricotta on flat part of top of mixture.
7. Lay your Velveeta slices on top slice if need be to have 2 full rows. Do not go too far up pasta mixture.
8. Simmer ground beef. Pat beef completely dry and add just enough spaghetti sauce to add substance. Add beef mixture to top off both pies. This should bring the recipe 1/2 inch (maybe a bit more) from top. Cap off with shredded mozzarella.
9. Bake till mozzarella cheese is melted and golden brown.
10. Let sit for 45 minutes after removing from oven as they need to settle.
Reference: Incredible spaghetti pie recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 13 times, 1 visits today)