Hunting season chili recipe
Hunting Season Chili
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Once you’ve got that deer, here’s the chili for you. This is basically my Flatlander chili with just a few changes.
Ready in: 2 hours 30 mins
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups canned kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 2 hours 10 mins
1. Cook the venison in a large pot over medium-high heat until brown and crumbly, about 10 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low, and simmer 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Reference: Hunting season chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 14 times, 1 visits today)