Hunter’s favorite chili recipe
Hunter’s Favorite ChiliThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This is real venison chili. My family really likes it alot. Even my husband takes this up north deer hunting.
Ready in: 1 hour 55 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 gallon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds ground venison
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 3 onions, chopped
- 3 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ( 15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour 40 mins
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over high heat. Stir in the venison, and cook until crumbly and browned, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, melt the bacon grease in a separate skillet or large pot over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, green bell pepper, and celery until the onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Stir the onion mixture into the pot of venison . Stir in the whole tomatoes, then season with parsley, chili powder, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer 1 hour until the venison is tender.
4. After cooking an hour, uncover the pot and stir in the undrained beans. Cook, stirring occasionally another 30 minutes to blend the flavors.
Reference: Hunter’s favorite chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)