Huevos rancheros with fresh salsa recipe
Huevos Rancheros with Fresh Salsa
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Think of this Mexican breakfast treat as egg tacos. With all this spice and cheesy flavor, you’ll want to make these every morning.
Ready in: 20 mins
- 5 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chile pepper, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 5 mins
1. Toss tomatoes, chile, red onion, garlic and cilantro with 1 tablespoon oil and lime juice in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Pour remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil into a large skillet and set over medium heat. Cook eggs in hot oil, stirring until eggs are set.
3. Place eggs, salsa, cheese, sour cream, and green onions on each of the tortillas and serve.
Tags: recipe, Huevos rancheros with fresh salsa recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Huevos rancheros with fresh salsa recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com