Homemade dumplings recipe
Homemade Dumplings Recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
1. Milk (3/4c)
2. shortening (3tbsp)
3. salt (1/2tsp)
4. baking powder (2tsp)
5. parsley flakes (1tbsp if desired)
6. Gold Medal all ½ purpose flour (1c)
Method of preparation
1. Take a bowl of medium size, mix, flour, baking powder, salt and parsley in it.
2. Cut it in shortening with pastry blender into fine crumbs and then mix milk in it. Mix it properly to form soft dough. Then drop the dough by 10 tablespoonfuls into the vegetable or hot meat boiling stew.
3. Keep it to cook uncovered for about 10 minutes and then cover the pan and keep it to cook for 10 minutes more.
Makes – 10 dumplings
Reference: Homemade dumplings recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)